St. Louis, MO
St. Louis is the second-largest city in Missouri, famous for its sports teams and beer. It is a highly vibrant metropolis populated with welcoming locals and energetic culture that you will never get tired of.
If you are not a fan of sports and beer, worry not since it also has so much to offer for gay travelers! The heart of St. Louis’ gayborhood is The Grove, where you will find many gay-friendly establishments and organizations.
St. Louis’ gayborhood also has one of the best gay massage services in Missouri, so it is perfect for any weary and tired gay traveler who needs much-needed relaxation and rejuvenation.
History of Gay Massage
Most of the population regards St. Louis as a suitable city for LGBT individuals. It is a progressive and open-minded community that values love and equality. One of the ways they celebrate Pride aside from the annual Pride Festivals is holding several gayborhoods like the Grove and supporting gay establishments.
The locals of St. Louis were not, however, always supportive of these LGBT gathering sites. In the 1970s, places where lesbians socialized, such as bars and coffeehouses, were firebombed due to hate and discrimination.
This led to a series of Pride marches and demonstrations and the establishment of organizations with the mission to serve the LGBT community. Even the church acted as the center for organizing a gay Pride rally in 1977.
While the LGBT history in the city had a rocky start, the efforts and sweat of the people from the past undoubtedly bear to fruition. If not for these people, gay establishments such as saunas, massage parlors, clubs, and coffee shops would not be currently thriving and acting as safe spaces for all.
Best Gay Massage in St. Louis
Jake completed his training and received his massage therapist certification from the Swedish Institute in New York City. He also continued training on other massage modalities after this and had worked for more than 20 years.
His incall rates are a bit pricey, starting from $175, however, his service is worth every dime! He specialises in Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, and Shiatsu Massage. In most of his massage sessions, he uses aloe-based unscented and water soluble oil to relax the muscles and rejuvenate the skin.
Traveling Jock Massage
If you are looking for a friendly place in the middle of a foreign city like St. Louis, visit Travelling Jock Massage for the home away from home feeling. He is a welcoming and highly skilled masseur located at a safe and private midtown location with penthouse skyline views.
You can choose from the various massage types he is experienced in, and you can choose from a 60 or 90 minutes session. He also encourages his clients to participate in mutual rubdowns for a more dynamic, relaxing, and sensual session.
With over seven years of massage experience, Gabriel has been trained in almost every massage modality to some degree from well-respected massage schools. You can just let him know during the consultation which you prefer and what your body needs so that he can tailor his service to your preferences.
If you do not know what type of therapy you want, though, try out his Swedish and Deep Tissue combo specialty. His top-notch service is not the only reason he secured a spot on the list. He also uses high-quality oil products for all sessions for the best pampering session.
Swick has worked as a masseur for four years since receiving his LMT certification. His massage therapy is popular among the community for its curative recovery, sensual touch, and passionate connection.
Before a massage, you will go through a consultation with him to discuss your requests and body issues. He will use the information from this discussion to personalise massage techniques perfect for your body. He is highly personable, easy to talk to during booking, and very generous with requests.
Types of Gay Massage in St. Louis
- Sensual Massage – Sensual Massage often uses deep pressure using the fingertips applied to all body areas. However, soft and light touches are used when massaging the erogenous zones. This massage stimulates the sense of touch and simultaneously relaxes and excites the body.
- Jabali Massage – The Jabaahli treatment combines ancient Balinese and Javanese massage artforms. It involved massage modalities such as Acupressure and Reflexology and aromatherapy oils for complete mental and physical relaxation.
- Bamboo Massage – Bamboo Massage is akin to a Deep Tissue Massage or a Swedish Massage. What differentiates the former from the latter is it uses a roll of heated bamboo to warm the muscles and reduce pain in the ligaments and joints rather than a pair of hands.
- Swedish Massage – The target zone of Swedish MAssage is the uppermost layer of muscles, known for relieving muscle tension. Techniques used during the massage are long kneading strokes, rhythmic tapping, and movement of the joints.
- Deep Tissue Massage – A Deep Tissue Massage is perfect for anyone experiencing pain or feeling knots in their body that they can’t shake off. This massage is known for breaking up scar tissues and muscle adhesions for pain relief.
How old do I have to be to get a gay massage in St. Louis?
Most gay massage parlors in St. Louis only accept clients older than 18 years, so make sure to call the parlor in advance to inquire about their guidelines.
Do I have to leave my house to get a gay massage?
Gay massages are very accessible and affordable in the city! You can search the world wide web and look for the best masseurs near you.
Should I feel safe getting a gay massage in St. Louis?
Most gay parlors strictly follow COVID-19 protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. Some only accept vaccinated guests to ensure everyone’s security, so do not forget to bring your proof of vaccination.
What is the easiest way to find a gay massage in St. Louis?
If you are in your favorite gay bar, you can also ask St. Louis residents for their recommendations, but the easiest way to look for one is to simply go to the internet and search for masseurs or parlors.